Organizing my computer these days, I’ve found these lines and I thought I’d share with you. It’s nice to see that life offers many different perspectives on one and the same thing.
13 Lines for Life
By Gabriel Garcia Marquez
- I love you, not for who you are, but rather for who I am when I am with you.
- Nobody deserves your tears, and whoever might deserve them, will never make you cry.
- Simply because somebody doesn’t love you the way you want them to, does not mean they don’t love you with all their being.
- A true friend is someone who takes your hand, and touches your heart.
- The worst way to miss someone is to be sitting next to them and to know that you will never have them.
- Never stop smiling, not even if you are sad, because you never know who might fall in love with your smile.
- You may be only one person in the world, but for someone you are the whole world.
- Don’t spend time with someone who is not willing to spend it with you.
- Perhaps God wants you to meet many of the wrong people before you meet the right one, so that when you finally meet them you will know to be grateful.
- Don’t cry because it’s over, smile because it happened.
- There will always be people that will hurt you, so keep having faith, and be careful with whom you trust twice.
- Make sure that you know who you are before meeting somebody else. Don’t expect someone to figure that out for you.
- Don’t try so hard. The best things happen when you least expect them.